How Much Does A Root Canal Cost?
Like any dental procedure, the cost for a root canal varies from one provider to another. But it can still be helpful to get an idea of the average cost nationwide. According to Nerd Wallet, root canals cost an average of $700 per tooth for a front tooth root canal, and $900 per tooth for a molar root canal.
The average price varies by area, though. For example, a molar root canal in Washington, DC averages $1,369. By comparison, how much do root canals cost in Seattle, WA? Just $619 for the same procedure.
If you’re wondering why there’s such a wide variation for one city to another, it’s because providers are free to set their own prices, and those prices are affected by the cost of living in each area. A big city like New York will usually come with higher dental fees than a smaller town like Pittsburgh because dentists have to pay more money for their rent and utilities.
Payment Plans for Root Canals to Reduce Your Cost
If your goal is to reduce the amount of money you have to pay out-of-pocket and get a cheaper root canal, you basically have 2 options: dental insurance and a dental discount card (like Carefree Dental).
Dental insurance will usually cover root canals because they are a medically necessary procedure. Many people get dental insurance through their employer; but if you don’t, then expect to pay $20-$50 or more per month.
A dental discount card like Carefree Dental is an easier, simpler way to save money on dental expenses. Unlike dental insurance, Carefree Dental has a low monthly fee, no annual savings cap, and no contracts or commitments.
For all these reasons, Carefree Dental is a great plan that lets you save money at the dentist without wasting your time jumping through hoops like filling out paperwork and filing claims.
The Benefits of Carefree Dental for Your Upcoming Root Canal
If you need a root canal, the last thing you want to do is spend time trying to figure out how to pay for it. You just want to get the procedure over so you can start feeling good again!
That’s why the Carefree Dental Card is such a great discount dental plan for root canals. It gets rid of all the paperwork and makes the process of saving money as simple and easy as possible.
Just sign up now for your Carefree account, remember to bring your card to your appointment--and that’s it! It really couldn’t get any simpler.
As a Carefree cardholder, you’ll also enjoy these great member benefits:
- Free vision & prescription medication savings. Along with saving big on dental expenses, you’ll also save 10-85% on vision and prescription medication costs--for no extra charge.
- Savings for your entire household with just 1 card. That’s right: just one card is all you need to save 15-50% per visit*, in most instances, on your entire household’s dental expenses. That includes oral exams, cleanings, fillings, braces, crowns, root canals, and more.
- No contracts or commitments. Feel free to cancel your Carefree Dental card at any time. You’re even protected by not one, but two money-back guarantees: a 30-day money-back guarantee and a year-long savings guarantee. You really can’t lose!
- No annual savings cap. One of the big downsides to dental insurance is that your benefits often max out at $1,000-$1,500 per year. Not with Carefree Dental, though. Carefree has no annual cap, so there’s no limit to how much you can save with your card.
- Savings on procedures that insurance doesn’t cover. Most dental insurance policies don’t give you coverage for cosmetic procedures, which means you have to pay the entire cost out-of-pocket. Not with Carefree Dental! Carefree works for many procedures that dental insurance doesn’t cover, so you can get the dental work you need for less money.
- Access to the Aetna Dental Access Network®. Carefree Dental is powered by the Aetna Dental Access® Network, so there are many affordable participating dentists around the country to choose from.
How Will I Know If I Need A Root Canal?
According to the AAE, a root canal is a procedure that helps to repair damage that happens when the inside of your tooth (called the pulp) becomes infected or inflamed. This can be caused by a variety of things, including damage to your tooth, gum disease, and even a poorly filled cavity.
You can often tell if you have this kind of damage because you will experience pain and sensitivity to heat or cold. The tooth may also become discolored, swollen, and sensitive to the touch. Sometimes, however, you will not experience any of these symptoms.
It’s important to realize that if this condition is left untreated, it can worsen over time and the infection can spread--so it’s important to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.
What Happens During A Root Canal
After examining and x-raying the affected tooth, your endodontist will administer local anesthesia so you won’t feel any pain during the procedure.
He or she will make an opening in the crown of your tooth and clear out the center of your tooth from all the infected material (the pulp).
Once this is complete, your endodontist will fill the root canals with a biocompatible material and seal it with dental cement. Typically, you will receive a temporary filling to protect the tooth.
At this point, you will need to schedule an appointment with your dentist so they can remove the temporary filling and cover the tooth with a crown for more permanent protection.
Want Vision & Prescription Benefits, Too?
Then we have good news: they’re free.
That’s right, in addition to saving big on dental costs, you’ll also save 10-85% on eyewear, eye exams, prescription medications, and more. And it won’t cost you a penny more than your normal low monthly rate.
Save 10–60% on glasses, contacts, Lasik surgery, eye exams, and even designer eyewear.
Save 10–85% at over 60,000 pharmacies including CVS, Rite Aid, and Target.
Sign Up Today For Your Discount Root Canal
Paying for a root canal is no fun...but when you can save an average of 41% with Carefree Dental, the price tag gets a lot less intimidating.
You’ll be eligible for your savings as soon as you make your first payment, which means you could save 15-50% per visit*, in most instances, with the help of your Carefree Dental card.
You’ll be under no obligation, you can cancel at any time, and you have the added protection of not one but two guarantees: our 30-day money-back guarantee, and our year-long savings guarantee.
What’s not to like?
If you like the idea of paying less for great dental care, then you owe it to yourself to give Carefree a try. You’ll be glad you did.
"I went to the dentist for oral surgery and a set of dentures, the procedures were going to cost $7,000.00 but I only paid $3,000.00."
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you're not 100% happy with your plan, cancel within the first 30 days after the effective date and we'll refund you in full—no questions asked, no hassle.
Money Back Savings Guarantee
If the savings on your dental care for the year add up to less than your plan’s annual cost, the difference will be paid directly to you.
* Actual costs and savings vary by provider, service and geographical area.
**As of August 2015